Friday, August 06, 2010

My Summer Mix 2010



Man, it's hot out there. Who's up for some cool tunes?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Some songs on this year's summer mix aren't available for streaming above, so the rest are here (YouTube links provided when available):

Mates of State - "Second Hand News"
The Sundays - "Summertime"
Brenda Kahn - "Mint Juleps and Needles"
Kate Nash - "Kiss That Grrrl"
Lucky Soul - "Love3"
Madeleine Peyroux - "Was I?"
Dwight Yoakam - "Train in Vain"
Elizabeth Cook - "El Camino"
Merle Haggard - "Mexican Bands"

Other seasonal mixes of mine can be found here, here, here, here, here, here, and Doctor.

2 comments:

srah said...

"Summertime" was an especially welcome flashback to college!

Micah said...

Yeah, as you may or may not have noticed, I've moved on from focusing mostly on newish songs (maybe since this is such a blah year for music). I really enjoy throwing in some old favorites into the mix.

At one point during a late '90s Orioles game at Camden Yards "Summertime" came on over the PA. I've associated the song with that slight memory ever since. It's a true summer song for me.