Monday, February 16, 2009

Micah World Top 25

Here they are, the top 25 songs burning up my iPod (as of 2.16.09):

1. "Passing Afternoon" - Iron & Wine
2. "Librarian" - My Morning Jacket
3. "Yardwork in November" - Actual Tigers
4. "Sellout" - Emmet Swimming
5. "Where Is My Mind?" - Pixies
6. "(Nothing But) Flowers" - Talking Heads
7. "Chewing Gum" - Annie
8. "Song Without a Chorus" - Butch Walker
9. "All Green" - Clem Snide
10. "I’m Walking This Road Because You Stole My Car (Don't Go)" - Fascinoma
11. "Everybody Knows You Cried Last Night" - The Fratellis
12. "Open Doors" - Josh Ritter
13. "Everybody But Me" - Lykke Li
14. "Sucked Out" - Superdrag
15. "Long Island" - That Dog
16. "Fists Up" - The Blow
17. "I Wasn't Really Drunk" - Eef Barzelay
18. "Bowie" - Flight of the Conchords
19. "Survival Car" - Fountains of Wayne
20. "Safe Within Your Arms" - Greg Garing
21. "Private Eyes" - Hall & Oates
22. "Enemy" - Jack Johnson
23. "The Temptation of Adam" - Josh Ritter
24. "Dangerous and Sweet" - Lenka
25. "It Had To Be You" - Motion City Soundtrack

Lots of shake-ups from the last list. Part of this is due to time (I haven't posted one of these since October) and part is due to technological tomfoolery. For some reason, my iPod's playcounts seem to reset willy-nilly. For instance, the last chart's #1 song - MGMT's "Time to Pretend" - is back to 1 play. Weird. Fix it, Steve Jobs.

4 comments:

Miles said...

great selection, good taste, in my opinion

Dave Bessom said...

I just recently discovered Butch Walker from an NPR interview thing he did. Good stuff. I want to pick up his album about losing his house in the California Wildfires. I forget the name at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I thought I was the only person who owned "Regretfully Yours"...Great album.

Micah said...

Miles - Thanks!

Dave - Butch has a great ear for hooky tunes. The album you're thinking of is Sycamore Meadows - good stuff. My favorite of his is The Rise and Fall of Butch Walker and the Let's Go Out Tonites. And his work with the Marvelous 3 ain't bad, either.

dr. zeius - "Sucked Out" is one of my favorite 90s alt rock tunes (note to self: remember to play it on the internet jukebox next time I go to Savannah). John Davis's solo debut from a few years ago is great, as well.